EUROPE-WIDE RESOURCES[Please "refresh/reload" your screen if the news feed on right does not appear.]
- Aneki.com World Country Rankings for Europe
- UNWTO World Tourism Statistics - click on the Regional Reports
- WorldMapper - Tourism Statistics - from this link, click Nextfor more tourism-related maps, click Previous for other maps
- Reference Maps of World Regions - CIA Fact Book
- World Bank Data Maps - World maps showing: Aid Flows, Arable land, CO2 Emissions, Forest Area, Forest Loss, Fresh Water, Growth in Gross, Domestic Product, Income Per Person, Infant Mortality, Life Expectancy, Ratio of Girls in School,Telephone Lines - also has links to country data
- Thematic Maps from the UN-FAO - Farming, Population, Precipitation, Satellite Image, Temperature, Growing Season, Elevation, and related maps for Major World Regions and the EntirePlanet
- World Rankings
- Global Edge - and - NationMaster - general region and country statistics and information
Geography - definitions and major world features (physical geography)
- The Geography Game: Europe and Virtual Pilot
- The Gleaners and I: This film follows the age-old practice of gleaning in modern France.
- Hitler’s Children: Check out this documentary series to learn about the real-life individuals who joined Hitler’s Jungvolk movement.
- A Nod and a Wink: This older documentary takes a look at a law in Britain called the Conspiracy Act and the unjust powers it gives to the government.
- Auschwitz: The Nazi Final Solution: Watch this documentary series to get a complete and accurate look at the death camp of Auschwitz and others around Europe.
- 25 Million Pounds: Here you’ll get to see into the mind and life of Nick Leeson, a man who scammed numerous people out of millions.
- Binwars: With garbage collection reduced to every other week, this film examines the battle between the people and the government over garbage.
- Bulgaria’s Abandoned Children: This film takes an often sad look at the children abandoned in a nation with more institutionalized children with disabilities than anywhere in Europe.
- End of Nations: Learn more about the much contested Lisbon treaty in this documentary.
- An Islamic History of Europe: Through this documentary you’ll get a chance to see the many ways Islamic culture shaped Europe.
- Mind the Gap: In this movie you’ll take a more in-depth look at the London bombings following 9/11.
- Steal This Film: This free film will help you gain a better understanding of copyright issues and piracy.
* Some are free, others are probably available through a college library (Source)
WESTERN EUROPE RESOURCES
Virtual Field Trips
- Northern Scotland #1 (Scottish Highlands) (WGTT)
- Northern Scotland #2 (Island & Peripheries) (WGTT)
- Whisky Tourism in Scotland (WGTT)
- Glasgow, Scotland (WGTT)
- Margate, Kent, England (beach tourism) (WGTT)
- Reculver, Kent, England (beach tourism) (WGTT)
- Sidmouth, Devon, England (heritage tourism) (WGTT)
- Barcelona, Spain (WGTT)
- Girona, Spain (heritage tourism) (WGTT)
- London above at night (Boston Globe, Aug
- Culinary Tour of Munich, Germany (NYTimes Travel photos)
- A Modern Grand Tour of Europe (NYTimes Travel photos)
- MSNBC Travel Photos: Istanbul, Florence, Venice, Running of the Buils, more?