ASIA & OCEANIA-WIDE
[Please "refresh/reload" your screen if the news feed on right does not appear. Click on the title at the top of the news feed to go to complete list of articles.]
- UNWTO World Tourism Statistics - click on the Regional Reports
- WorldMapper - Tourism Statistics - from this link, click Nextfor more tourism-related maps, click Previous for other maps
- Reference Maps of World Regions - CIA Fact Book
- World Bank Data Maps - World maps showing: Aid Flows, Arable land, CO2 Emissions, Forest Area, Forest Loss, Fresh Water, Growth in Gross, Domestic Product, Income Per Person, Infant Mortality, Life Expectancy, Ratio of Girls in School, Telephone Lines - also has links to country data
- Thematic Maps from the UN FAO - Farming, Population, Precipitation, Satellite Image, Temperature, Growing Season, Elevation, and related maps for Major World Regions and the Entire Planet
- World Rankings
- Global Edge - and - NationMaster - general region and country statistics and information
- InfoPlease.com - World Geography - definitions and major world features (physical geography)
- Ask Asia.com - Maps of Asia
- Current Asia - Pacific News
from The International Herald Tribune
- eTurboNews - Tourism News for Asia
SOUTH ASIA RESOURCES
Virtual Field Trips
- The Dalits (untouchables) of India (NYTimes photos and story)
- Sept 20, 2008 Bombing of the Marriott Hotel in Islamabad, Pakistan (NYTimes photos and story)
- Bhutan's New King (Boston Globe photos, Oct 2008)
- India (Boston Globe photos, Sept 2008)
- MSNBC Travel Photos: New Delhi, more?
Audio Field Trips
- Kerala, India (Amateur Travel Podcast, August 2008)
- Born Into Brothels: This film takes a harrowing look at the children of prostitutes struggling to escape from poverty in India’s slums.
- Buddha Wild: In this film you’ll hear Thai and Sri Lankan monks living far from home talk about their faith and culture.
- Tibet: Cry of the Snow Lion: Made over a period of ten years, this film takes a look at the political and social standing of Tibet today.
- Blindsight: Follow a group of blind children as they climb through the Himalayas to discover the limits of their own strength and courage.
- The Day My God Died: This heartbreaking film will tell the stories of six young girls whose lives have been impacted by the child sex trade.
* Some are free, others are probably available through a college library (Source)