OCEANIA RESOURCES[Please "refresh/reload" your screen if the news feed on right does not appear. Click on the title at the top of the news feed to go to complete list of articles.]
Virtual Field Trips
- Antarctica - amazing photos from The Boston Globe
- MSNBC Travel Photos: Australia, New Zealand, more?
- Bora Bora, Tahiti - LA Times photo essay
- Welcome to Australia: This film will show you the brutal historical treatment of the aboriginal peoples of Australia and the inequalities that continue.
- Fortress Australia: Learn about a plan to fortify Australia using atomic weapons in this interesting film.
- Cane Toads: An Unnatural History: The introduction of these toads has ruined the Australian ecosystem and left the country with an overabundance of them, as this film shows.
- Sydney: Story of a City: Check out this film to explore the city of Sydney through an artistic lens.
- Billabong Odyssey: Watch as this group of surfers attempts to surf on some of the biggest and baddest waves in the world.
- South Pacific: Strange Islands: This film will let you see the amazing wildlife that calls New Zealand home.
- Solo: This movie tells that tale of Andrew McAuley’s attempt to become the first person to kayak 1,600 kilometers from Australia to New Zealand.
- Coral Reef Adventure: See some of the most beautiful and endangered coral reefs in the world, especially those in Australia’s Great Barrier Reef, in this film.
- When We Were Pirates: In this film you’ll get to see a group of men as they attempt to build a ship and sail to Australia.
- The Coconut Revolution: Here you can watch as a group of rebels in Papua New Guinea fights for their independence from colonial powers.
- Killer Whale and Crocodile: This film unites a traditional artist from Canada with one from Papua New Guinea.
* Some are free, others are probably available through a college library (Source)