Master of Administration - Land Use Planning Emphasis
- Community Planning Concentration
- Geographic Information Systems Concentration
For curriculum and admission information, please visit the Land Use Planning Emphasis on the Master of Administration website.
Applications are submitted through the NAU Graduate College and evaluated by the Master of Administration program administrators. The Department of Geography, Planning and Recreation (GPR) is not involved in the Master of Administration application process.
Note that the Master of Administration degree is intended for "mid-career professionals or those with five plus years of professional work experience" and has a $2500 program fee that is divided for payment as a course fee among the three required Core ADM classes and the ADM Capstone class.
You will be advised by the Master of Administration Advisors for most of your program. They are responsible for final approval of your Program of Study (courses taken) for graduation.
RESOURCES for all Master of Administration Students
Student Handbook - Secondary Emphasis Policy - WRGP Tuition Rates
Scholarships - you are encouraged to apply - information changes yearly, so go to the M.Admin. homepage a click on the link on the right side of the page.
- This is taken alone (with no other courses) in your last term, although with good academic standing and program coordinator approval, you may double it up your one last class.
- This course is not open for self-enrollment. Enrollment will be processed by our program coordinator Pam.Torbico@nau.edu after your project is signed off on by your faculty mentor who will forward to her.
- The program strongly encourages you to be lining up a Faculty Mentor and be starting on your project proposal at least 3 to 6 months prior to when you plan to submit you capstone project proposal.
- Complete this ADM 689 Capstone Application Form.
- The general ADM 689 syllabus for project based capstones is here: http://extended.nau.edu/Documents/ADM_689_Syllabus.pdf
- The supplementary ADM 689 syllabus for the Land Use Planning Emphasis is here: http://geog.nau.edu/MACP/ADM_689_COM-PLAN_Syllabus.pdf
- Advisors for the Land Use Planning Capstone include:
- Community Planning Concentration: R. Dawn Hawley, Alan A. Lew
- GIS Concentration: R. Dawn Hawley, Ray Huang, Mark Manone
- Note that Alan A. Lew oversees the Master of Administration - Land Use Planning Emphasis program in the Department of Geography, Planning and Recreation (GPR)
Remember that you must apply for graduation through the NAU Graduate College early in the semester that you plan to graduate in.
You might find some of the GPR Graduate Student Resources useful for your studies at NAU.
go to NAUGPR.com